There is rarely anybody who is not obsessed with BarkBoxes this year, as more owners are signing up for these canine care packages. What Is It? BarkBox is a monthly subscription that delivers treats and toys at your doorstep.
How Does BarkBox Work?
BarkBox delivers to you a curated collection of treats, toys, and accessories for your dog each month to please it.
The entire process is very easy and simple- you just need to choose your dog’s size, choose how long you need the subscription, and sit back and wait for your BarkBox to reach you!
BarkBox will then customize your box based on your dog’s size. Bark Boxes come in a wide range depending on the size of your dog. Sizes include:
- Small BarkBox aka “Small & Cute”: 0-10lbs
- Medium BarkBox aka “Just Right” : 20-50lbs
- Big BarkBox aka “Big & Bold” : 50+ lbs
Bark Box Review Contents: What to Expect
When you order a Bark Box, each month you will be delivered 4-6 items that are customized for your dog. Every box contains at least:
- 2 All-Natural Healthy Bags of Treats
- 2 Innovative & Super Fun Dog Toys
- A dog chew
Besides, every BarkBox is a mystery!
BarkBoxes follow a unique theme each month that often match the season- during Christmas, you can expect Christmas-themed toys and treats that your little canine is going to love!
BarkBox Subscriptions Prices
The price of your BarkBox depends on how long you sign-up for. However, for the best value, it is advised that you subscribe to the 12 month Bark Box plan. It costs you $22/month, but you need to pay the entire cost for the year first ($228 total).
Please ensure that when you subscribe to a 6 month or 12-month plan, you need to pay those months. You can not avail the discount for signing up for a 6 or 12 month plan and cancel later.
A lot of people complain about this as they don’t always read the fine print and realize that signing up for a 6 month plan implies that you are bound to pay for 6 months (however, you should be able to change the delivery dates or adjust months around if you are not at home or leaving town).
BONUS COUPONS: Use this link to order from BarkBox and use coupon code K9OFMINE to get 1 FREE BarkBox month added to your subscription!
Besides your monthly subscription plan, you can also choose to add a premium toy to your box each month for an extra +$9. You can consider this option if you are looking for bonus toys.
Subscriptions include free shipping except Hawaii or Alaska (these places include $5 shipping charges).
Another important thing is that plans renew automatically, so ensure that you have set up a reminder or event on your calendar to cancel your renewal when your subscription period is about to end.
You have an option to cancel anytime, but that means you are canceling your renewal and not your current subscription. Subscriptions process by the 3rd of each month, so ensure that you cancel your subscription by then if you do not wish to renew in the coming month.
BarkBox for Allergies
BarkBox is well aware that dogs have allergies, but that should not stop them from all the fun they want!
All BarBoxes are wheat, corn, and soy free so if your dog is allergic to those ingredients, you do not need anything special.
If your dog is allergic to beef, chicken, and turkey, BarBox also offers a special allergy-friendly option for them, delivering hypoallergenic dog treats and goodies just for your dog. You just need to contact them directly to get the allergy-friendly box.
Other Cool Things About BarkBox
Besides delivering neat dog subscription service, Barkbox also:
- Donates 10% of all profits to animal shelters, moreover they have a BarkGood program that helps over 3,000 shelters and rescue groups across the USA and Canada!
- Offer the Scout’s Honor Guarantee, which makes sure that if your dog dislikes anything in its BarkBox, you can get the item replaced for free!
- Avoid processing of treats as much as they can. They use wheat-free, soy-free, corn-free, filler-free, and even organic items whenever possible. They are putting their best efforts towards limited, even single, ingredient products.
- Grab more of your favorite items. If you love something in your BarkBox, you can reorder it from the BarkShop!
- All their treats source from the USA and Canada. Besides, their chews come from the USA, Canada, South America, Australia and New Zealand. The BarkBox makes sure that they send your dog something they would trust to give their own canines.
- They have an incredible blog, the BarkPost, which is full of adorable stuff for your canines.
- Your little pooch can become an online celebrity as Barkbox encourages their customers to post pictures of their canine enjoying their BarkBox on the PuppyFeed.
- Lets you give BarkBox as a gift to your other dog friend.